Office of the Mayor
Powers & Duties
- Presides at meetings of the Executive Committee and signs the minutes of its meetings.
- Designates appropriate duties to the Deputy Mayor.
- Decides when and where the Executive Committee will meet,but if a majority of the members request the mayor in writing to convene a meeting of the committee,the Mayor must convene a meeting at a time set out in request.
- Receives input on Council`s Integrated Development plan from the Municipal Manager,tables this in the Executive Committee, conveys the recommendations of the Executive Committee to Council for approval of an Integrated Development Plan.
- Receives the Auditor-General`s report and deals with it in terms of the relevant legislation.
- Performs all duties in terms of the Municipal Finance Management Act relative to the processing of the draft annual budget.
Cllr. Sonwabile Mngenela – The Mayor
039 737 8101
082 491 4248
039 737 3611
Email Address: NMasumpa@matatiele.gov.za