The core function of this directorate is to ensure sound financial management.
Sound and Fraud-Free Financial Management and Services
To establish, implement and maintain norms and standards required to generate funds through fostering a sense of responsible citizenry in order to meet legislative and mandatory obligations.
“Financial Services with Integrity”
- To ensure a fully capacitated organisational structure to address powers and functions roles and responsibilities.
- Initiate priority skills acquisition in line with JIPSA.
- To accommodate customers care functioning within office space requirements.
- To ensure that the Matatiele Local Municipality remains financially viable through:
- All properties on the General Valuation Roll and receiving Municipal Services are properly recorded on Billing Database.
- Tariffs are modelled on cost recovery.
- Reduce outstanding debts.
- Improve debt collection rate in line with National Norms.
- Reduce debt turnaround period in line with National Norms.
- Enhance revenue base.
- To enhance financial management practices within Matatiele to sustain the institution as a going concern.
- To ensure that the Service Delivery Model is premised on credible cash backed Budget Framework.
- Ensure 100% receipt of funds registered in the DORA.
- To ensure that the municipality maintains its Unqualified Audit Report status Address all matters associated with Audit Report.
- Address all matters associated with Audit Report.
- Present Annual Financial Statements to Auditor-General in compliance with Section 126 of MFMA
- Strengthen oversight functioning – performance of SDBIP
- To maximise and streamline IT functioning
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
MR. KHALUWE MEHLOMAKHULU
039 737 8198
039 737 8199